Thursday, May 3, 2012

book Review: Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult

Wel where shall I start ?

Jodi Picoult is a amazing writer and I  know she has  bucket loads off fans,  I mast say her  book My sisters keeper - was one of my favorite  books, but Vanishing acts left me wanting.. 

The book starts with Delia, the protagonist, finding a small child as part of her job, only to find out her father is in more trouble. Delia a mother and wife with a 4 year old and a lawyer husband, a best friend  she is close to but turns out he feels more for her then just the friend.   try's to go throw life with normality till her father is accused for kidnapping- for kidnapping Dalia.

The book was very captivating, I did finish it  in one days time  and  some bits did lose me here and there but i enjoyed drama and story telling over all  yet when the story neared the end  i felt like it was left incomplete.

The story Delia  goes with her husband to save her father form life impression  and along with it her  best friend yet  story's form their past reviled like her husbands  alcoholism, i felt the end off the book lacking yes  thy did get her father at the end but i  feel its more personally my own problem with open book endings.
after the overall story i did feel slightly moved  yet more disappointed, thank you  for reading this is my personal review on  Vanishing Acts.

No comments:

Post a Comment